In the context of yesterday’s storms and today’s rain, Marketing Mercenary suggests that you create an attention-getting promotion for you business today!
Rainy Day Specials
- Banks offer a bonus service or gift for opening a savings account – today only!
- Insurance agents offer a gift card or other incentive for purchasing home-owners insurance, or adding a flood insurance rider – today only!
- Department Stores offer a deep discount on boots (you know, not the high-heel kind – the utility kind)
- Realtors offer to help prospective client find a new home in a higher, drier area – OK, this may take longer than a day…
- Remodeling Companies offer a discount on shower enclosures and installation. Get it?
- Massage Therapists offer a discount to help alleviate the jangled nerves brought on by lightning and thunder and jumbled schedules. Offer discounts to FARMERS that are stressed out from waiting for the weather to clear – today only! Offer discounts to power company personnel that have worked overtime to help the public, clearing downed trees and power lines – OK, offer similar discounts all the time.
- Grocery Stores offer discounts on paper towels, floor cleaner, Lysol, etc. – anything needed to clean up muddy and water-damaged areas – today only!
- Car Washes or Detail Centers offer a two-for-the-price-of-one deal – today only!
- Disaster Recovery providers – OK, you’re pretty well set. Just sponsor the local radio weather forecasts for the rest of the Spring and Summer.
- Carpet Cleaning Services offer multi-room specials – through the weekend only!
- Landscaping companies offer clean-up specials, to remove debris from flower beds and other areas – through the weekend only! (You won’t be doing any mowing for a few days, anyway.)
I hope this got you thinking how you can help folks out, have a little fun, AND bring attention and revenue to your business in a good way. Be safe!
For help with any of these ideas, or with developing unique marketing tools and strategies for your business, contact the Marketing Mercenary!